Conditions for foreigners to obtain family doctor practice certificates in Vietnam effective after January 1, 2016.
Post date: 08-06-2019
Conditions for foreigners to obtain family doctor practice certificates in Vietnam
Conditions for foreigners to obtain family doctor practice certificates in Vietnam as follows:
1. Condition of degree: An applicant being a foreigners for family doctor practice certificate must possess at least a general doctor degree and a level-1 specialized doctor, level-2 specialized doctor, family medicine master or doctor degree or a certificate of specialized training in family medicine granted or recognized in Vietnam.
2. Condition of medical examination and treatment practice period: An applicant being a foreigners for family doctor practice certificate must possess a document certifying his/her period of medical examination and treatment practice of 18 consecutive months or more at general hospitals.
The practice period of a person with a level-1 specialized doctor degree, level-2 specialized doctor degree or certificate of specialized training in family medicine shall be calculated as a training period. Certified copies of level-1 specialized doctor degrees, level-2 specialized doctor degrees or certificates of specialized training in family medicine are considered certificates of practice period. Particularly, those possessing certificates of specialized training in family medicine must also have certificates of continuous practice period of 18 months in addition to the practice period which is considered a training period.
3. Not to fall into cases of being banned from professional practice or work related to the medical or pharmaceutical profession under court rulings or decisions; being examined for penal liability: serving penal sentences or rulings of courts or administrative sanction decisions on confinement to educational or medical treatment establishments: being disciplined by caution or a higher level related to professional medical examination and treatment; or losing civil act capacity or having civil act capacity restricted.
4. Foreigners directly providing medical examination and treatment for Vietnamese must be proficient in Vietnamese. When not proficient in Vietnamese, they shall register the language they will use in medical examination and treatment and have a translator. Foreigners and translators must have a proficiency certificate in the registered language used in medical examination and treatment as prescribed by the Ministry of Health.
5. To have judicial history records certified by competent authorities of their own countries
5. To possess a work permit granted by a competent Vietnamese state agency in charge of labor under the labor law.
Foreigners have family doctor practice certificates granted by foreign countries, the recognition of medical practice certificates between countries complies with international agreements or treaties to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a contracting party.
Any information about conditions for foreigners to obtain family doctor practice certificates in Vietnam, feel free to contact with us.
LAWYER VIET NAM LAW FIRM