Conditions for doing business in paragliding and hang-gliding activities in Vietnam
Post date: 23-06-2022
Doing business in paragliding and hang-gliding activities in Vietnam
I. DOING BUSINESS IN PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING ACTIVITIES IN VIETNAM.
Paragliding and hang-gliding in Vietnam is an adventure sport activity that includes practice, competition and performance of paragliding and hang-gliding.
1. Paragliding is an aviation sport with an pilot. Paragliding has the following two types:
a) Paragliding without engine (Paragliding): The pilot sits in a belt hanging under the wing of a parachute shaped like a flying wing, controls flight by two rudders and takes off by striding;
b) Paragliding with engine (Paramotor): The pilot wears an engine on his back that generates sufficient force to take off and fly with the paraglider”s wings.
2. Hang gliding is an aviation sport, with an pilot, using a triangular kite with a rigid frame structure to fly. There are two types of hang gliding:
a) Hang gliding without engine (Hang gliding): Can be folded to carry, take off with running legs and land with the pilot”s feet. During flight, the pilot uses the displacement of his body weight to control the kite;
b) Hang gliding with engine (Microlight): Attached to a system of wheels or floats so that it can take off and land like an airplane on the ground or on water. The engine to generate thrust during take-off, landing and flight is attached to the frame system of the kite.
II. CONDITIONS FOR DOING BUSINESSE IN PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING ACTIVITIES IN VIETNAM.
Company doing business in paragliding and hang-gliding activities in Vietnam classified as adventure sports activities must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Having enough professional staff, including:
a) Sports training instructors; A sports training instructor must meet one of the following conditions:
- Being a coach or athlete with level 2 or higher or equivalent suitable for paragliding and hang-gliding activities;
- Having a degree in sport from an intermediate level or higher suitable for sports activities like paragliding and hang-gliding;
- To receive professional training in sports according to the regulations of the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
c) Permanent medical staff or written agreement with the nearest medical facility on medical staff to provide first aid and emergency care to participants in adventure sports activities in case of necessity.
2. Having physical facilities and sports equipment meeting the national technical regulations promulgated by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism for paragliding and hang-gliding, specifically according to Clause III below.
III. FACILITIES, SPORTS EQUIPMENT FOR PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING
A. FACILITIES FOR TRAINING, COMPETITION, AND PERFORMANCE OF PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING
1. Having a starting area and a parking area meeting the following requirements:
a) The height difference between the starting area is at least 70m higher than the parking area;
b) Dimensions of starting area
- For Paragliding at least: 15 meters horizontally and 10 meters vertically;
- For hang-gliding at least: 10 meters horizontally and 10 meters vertically.
c) Parking area size
- For Paragliding at least: 30 meters horizontally and 30 meters vertically;
- For hang-gliding at least: 15 meters horizontally and 60 meters vertically.
2. Suitable wind conditions for take-off
a) For low-level paragliding (levels EN A, EN B) it is 0-5.5 m/s;
b) For high level paragliding, competition paragliding is from 0-8.8 m/s;
c) For hang-gliding without engines, it is from 6.6-8.8 m/s;
d) For hang-gliding with engine, it is from 0-8.8 m/s.
3. There are rules and signboards placed in recognizable positions in the starting area and parking area with the following contents:
a) Board of rules and regulations: Hours of practice, subjects allowed to participate in practice, competition and performance; subjects are not allowed to participate in practice, competition or performance; uniforms for training, competition and performance; measures to ensure safety during practice, competition and other regulations;
b) Instruction board: Map of flight area, flight area limits, regulations on flying area, phone number of person in charge of flight management, radio frequency and communication method when necessary.
4. Safety, search and rescue plan
a) The plan clearly states the measures to ensure safety, search and rescue in the flight operations area under the management responsibility of the establishment and must regularly check and update the flight plan;
b) Participants in paragliding and hang-gliding activities must be informed and guided on the plan to understand the communication methods and the sequence of search and rescue steps.
B. EQUIPMENT FOR TRAINING, COMPETITION, AND PERFORMANCE OF PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING.
1. Main parachute, auxiliary parachute (for Paragliding) and hang-glider, auxiliary parachute (for hang-gliding), seat belt, seat belt system, walkie-talkie, helmet, shoes, altimeter , global positioning.
2. There must be a means of communication and communication to ensure smooth communication from the operating department to the area flight management and paragliding operation areas.
3. The form of paragliding and hang-gliding must be consistent with national customs, traditions, and culture
C. FLIGHT FREQUENCY AND INSTRUCTION DENSITIES OF PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING
1. The minimum take-off interval between flights is 90 seconds.
2. Training instruction density
a) Each instructor must ensure:
- Guide no more than 05 people in 01 hour lesson;
- Accompanying no more than 01 person/01 flight.
b) One person can practice flying no more than 02 times per 01 flight.
IV. TRAINING PROFESSIONAL STAFF OF PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING
1. The General Department of Sports, The National Socio-professional organization of paragliding and hang-gliding or the Departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Departments of Culture and Sports of the provinces and cities organizes professional training for training instructors and lifeguards of paragliding and hang-gliding.
2. The General Department of Sports is responsible for formulating the content, program and duration of professional training for training instructors and lifeguards of paragliding and hang-gliding and submitting them to the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism for making decision.
3. Certificate of professional training for training instructors, lifeguards of paragliding and hang-gliding issued by the training organization. The certificate form is specified in Appendix 1 and Appendix 2 issued together with Circular No: 06/2018/TT-BVHTTDL.
V. OPERATION LICENSES FOR DOING BUSINESS IN PARAGLIDING AND HANG-GLIDING IN VIETNAM:
a. Certificate of eligibility for business activities in Paragliding and Hang-gliding issued by the Department of Culture and Sports.
Procedures for granting a certificate of eligibility for doing business in Paragliding and Hang-gliding, refer to the related text below.
b. The flight license for paragliding and hang-gliding activities issued by The Operations Bureau of the General Command Post (must be submitted at least 07 working days before the scheduled date of organizing paragliding and hang-gliding flights.
Procedures for granting a flight license for paragliding and hang-gliding activities refer to the related text below
- Decree No. 36/2019/ND-CP of Vietnam Government detailing a number of articles of the Law on Sports,
- Circular No. 06/2018/TT-BVHTTDL of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism on facilities, equipment and training of professional staff for paragliding and hang-gliding.
- Decree No. 36/2008/ND-CP of Vietnam Government on management of unmanned aircraft and ultralight aircraft.
Procedures for issuance of Certificate of eligibility for paragliding and hang-gliding activities.
Procedures for granting a flight license for paragliding and hang-gliding activities
Lawyer Vietnam Law Firm- Vietnamese Lawyers