Conditions and procedures for the establishment of a language centers in Vietnam
Post date: 29-08-2017
Establishment of foreign language centers in Vietnam
I. Establishment conditions, permit the establishment of foreign language centers in Vietnam
1. Being in line with the socio-economic development plannings and the plannings on the network of educational establishments in localities already approved by competent state management agencies.
2. The project of establishment of foreign language centers clearly define the objectives, tasks, programs and contents of training and fostering; Land, facilities, equipment, proposed location, organizational structure, resources and finance; Strategic direction of building and developing the center.
II. Procedures for establishing foreign language centers in Vietnam
1. Authority sets up foreign language centers in Vietnam:
a. Chairman of provincial-level People”s Committees or Directors of provincial-level Education and Training Services (if authorized by Chairman of provincial-level People”s Committees) shall decide on their language centers; Language centers of intermediate schools; Foreign language centers proposed by organizations and individuals;
b. The directors of universities, institutes, the principals of universities and colleges shall decide on their foreign language centers;
c. Heads of social organizations, social-professional organizations and economic organizations are permitted by law to establish their training centers, which are competent to decide on their foreign language centers.
2. Application files includes:
a. Proposal for the establishment of a foreign language center;
b. The project of establishment of a foreign language center with the following contents: name of the center, type of center, location of the center, necessity and legal basis for the establishment of the center; Objectives, functions, duties of the center; Curriculum, training scale; Facilities of the center; The organizational structure of the center, the director, the deputy directors (if any), the teams (or specialized sections); Curriculum vitae of the person expected to be the center”s director;
c. A draft regulation on the organization and operation of the foreign language center.
3. Processing :
a. Organizations and individuals shall send directly or by mail one copy of the application file set out in Point 2 of this Clause to the authority which set up a foreign language center;
b. Within 10 working days after receiving complete and valid dossiers, the competent agency which set up the foreign language centers shall evaluate and inspect the prescribed conditions.
c. Within 5 working days, the competent agency which set up, permit the establishment of foreign language centers defined in Point 1 of this Clause shall decide to set up, permit to set up; If they have not yet decided to set up, they must notify in writing the organizations and individuals, clearly stating the reasons therefor.
III. Conditions for foreign language centers to operate in Vietnam
1. There is a decision to establish or permit the establishment of a competent person as defined in Point 1 of Clause II above.
2. Having managerial staff, teachers, technicians teaching theory, practicing to ensure professional qualifications as prescribed; Accountants, cashiers meet the requirements of the center. The number of teachers must not exceed 25 students per teacher.
3. Having adequate classrooms and functional rooms to meet the requirements of the training program; The office for the administrative structure follows the organizational structure of the center to serve the management and training. Classrooms are light enough, with a minimum area of 1.5m2 per student per class.
4. Having curriculum, materials and equipment for teaching and learning as required by the curriculum; There is a library, testing facilities, practice rooms, practice rooms and other facilities that meet the requirements of the science and technology training and activities.
IV. Procedures for education activities of foreign language centers in Vietnam
1. Authority to permit educational activities:
A / The director of Education and Training Service decides to permit educational activities for their foreign language centers; Language center in the middle school; Foreign language centers proposed by organizations and individuals; Language centers of colleges locates outside the , college campus; Foreign language centers of ministries, branches, social and professional organizations located in the localities;
b. Directors of universities and institutes; Principals of University, Colleges decide to permit educational activities for foreign language centers operating on campus.
2. Application file includes:
a. A written application for education operation permit;
b. Deciding on the establishment of the center issued by a competent authority;
c. Regulations of educational operation of the center;
d. Report on office equipment; classrooms, practice rooms and training centers must be documented on the lawful use of land and houses; The source of funds to ensure the operation of the center;
e. Programs, curricula, teaching materials;
g. A list of executive officers and teachers involved in teaching;
h) Regulations on tuition and fees;
h. Certificates will be issued for study
a. Foreign language centers shall send directly or by mail one copy of the application files specified in Point 2 of this Section to the competent authority defined in Point 1 of this Section;
b. Within 5 working days after receiving the application filer, the competent authority shall receive the dossier. If the dossier is not in accordance with the regulations, it shall notify in writing the contents which need to be amended or supplemented to the center;
c. Within 10 working days after receiving the valid dossiers according to regulations, the competent persons defined in Clause 1 of this Section shall coordinate with the concerned agencies and units in organizing the on-the-spot evaluation of the ability to meet the prescribed conditions and record results in the appraisal report;
d. Within five working days from the date of obtaining appraisal results, the competent authority defined in Clause 1 of this Section shall decide to permit the educational operation of the center. If They you have not yet decided to authorize educational activities, they will notify the center in writing, stating the reason.
Source: Decree No.46/2017/ND-CP dated April 21, 2017 of the Government regulating investment conditions and activities in education.
LAWYER VN - Vietnamese Law Firm